National Guard helps 29 residents get back to state from cruise ship docked in California
MADISON -- Twenty-nine Wisconsin residents who were aboard the Grand Princess cruise ship that docked at the Port of Oakland in California last week were safely transported back to Wisconsin late Sunday night, March 15.
MADISON -- Twenty-nine Wisconsin residents who were aboard the Grand Princess cruise ship that docked at the Port of Oakland in California last week were safely transported back to Wisconsin late Sunday night, March 15.
MADISON -- Gov.
Gov. Evers swears in new Wisconsin National Guard leader
MADISON — The Wisconsin National Guard's new leader took the oath of office Thursday, officially inheriting a command that was rocked by a scathing sexual assault scandal.Gov.
MADISON — The Wisconsin National Guard's new leader took the oath of office Thursday, officially inheriting a command that was rocked by a scathing sexual assault scandal.Gov.
Air Force reservist picked to lead Wisconsin National Guard
MADISON — A brigadier general in the U.S. Air Force reserves who has more than 25 years of military experience will take over as commander of the Wisconsin National Guard following a sexual assault scandal that led to the former leader resigning in December, Gov.
MADISON — A brigadier general in the U.S. Air Force reserves who has more than 25 years of military experience will take over as commander of the Wisconsin National Guard following a sexual assault scandal that led to the former leader resigning in December, Gov.
Gov. Evers signs off on National Guard improvement plan
MADISON — Gov.
MADISON — Gov.
10th Wisconsin-built Littoral Combat Ship delivered to the U.S. Navy
MARINETTE -- Lockheed Martin and Fincantieri Marinette Marine delivered the tenth Wisconsin-built Littoral Combat Ship to the U.S. Navy on Thursday, Feb. 6.The ship, the future USS St.
MARINETTE -- Lockheed Martin and Fincantieri Marinette Marine delivered the tenth Wisconsin-built Littoral Combat Ship to the U.S. Navy on Thursday, Feb. 6.The ship, the future USS St.
Air Force confirms Wisconsin commander under investigation
MADISON — U.S. Air Force officials confirmed Wednesday that they're investigating the Wisconsin National Guard's former commander after Guard investigators determined he improperly launched an internal sexual assault investigation.Gov.
MADISON — U.S. Air Force officials confirmed Wednesday that they're investigating the Wisconsin National Guard's former commander after Guard investigators determined he improperly launched an internal sexual assault investigation.Gov.
Wisconsin National Guard called to make changes in light of sex assault allegations
MILWAUKEE -- A survivor of military sexual assault calls the federal report of how the Wisconsin National Guard handled cases of sexual assault disgusting.
MILWAUKEE -- A survivor of military sexual assault calls the federal report of how the Wisconsin National Guard handled cases of sexual assault disgusting.
US Navy: Flight training suspended for Saudi students
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Navy says flight training has been suspended for about 175 Saudi Arabian students at three bases in Florida in the wake of the deadly shooting by a Saudi Air Force officer on Friday.Navy Commander Clay Doss says classroom training is going on, and flight training for other students will resume.
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Navy says flight training has been suspended for about 175 Saudi Arabian students at three bases in Florida in the wake of the deadly shooting by a Saudi Air Force officer on Friday.Navy Commander Clay Doss says classroom training is going on, and flight training for other students will resume.
Wisconsin National Guard leader resigns in wake of sex assault review
MADISON — The commander of the Wisconsin National Guard agreed to resign at Gov.
MADISON — The commander of the Wisconsin National Guard agreed to resign at Gov.
FBI presumes Pensacola naval base shooting was act of terrorism
PENSACOLA, Fla. — The Saudi gunman who killed three people at the Pensacola naval base had apparently gone on Twitter shortly before the shooting to blast U.S. support of Israel and accuse America of being anti-Muslim, a U.S. official said Sunday as the FBI confirmed it is operating on the assumption the attack was an act of terrorism.Investigators are also working to establish whether the killer, identified as 2nd Lt.
PENSACOLA, Fla. — The Saudi gunman who killed three people at the Pensacola naval base had apparently gone on Twitter shortly before the shooting to blast U.S. support of Israel and accuse America of being anti-Muslim, a U.S. official said Sunday as the FBI confirmed it is operating on the assumption the attack was an act of terrorism.Investigators are also working to establish whether the killer, identified as 2nd Lt.
Official: Pensacola naval base shooter watched shooting videos before attack
PENSACOLA, Fla. — A U.S. official says the Saudi student who fatally shot three people at a Florida naval base had hosted a dinner party to watch videos of mass shootings earlier in the week of the fatal attack.The official was briefed by federal investigators and spoke on condition of anonymity.
PENSACOLA, Fla. — A U.S. official says the Saudi student who fatally shot three people at a Florida naval base had hosted a dinner party to watch videos of mass shootings earlier in the week of the fatal attack.The official was briefed by federal investigators and spoke on condition of anonymity.
Saudi student opens fire at Florida Naval base, killing 3
PENSACOLA, Fla.— An aviation student from Saudi Arabia opened fire in a classroom at the Naval Air Station Pensacola on Friday morning, killing three people in an attack the Saudi government quickly condemned and that U.S. officials were investigating for possible links to terrorism.
PENSACOLA, Fla.— An aviation student from Saudi Arabia opened fire in a classroom at the Naval Air Station Pensacola on Friday morning, killing three people in an attack the Saudi government quickly condemned and that U.S. officials were investigating for possible links to terrorism.
Wisconsin National Guard general won’t oust whistleblower until probe ends
MADISON — The Wisconsin National Guard’s top commander won’t finalize the discharge of a whistleblower who triggered two federal investigations into sexual assault in his unit until an investigation into whether the move amounts to retaliation.Maj.
MADISON — The Wisconsin National Guard’s top commander won’t finalize the discharge of a whistleblower who triggered two federal investigations into sexual assault in his unit until an investigation into whether the move amounts to retaliation.Maj.
National Guard launches investigation in Wisconsin discharge
MADISON — U.S. Sen.
MADISON — U.S. Sen.
Red Arrow troops return from Afghanistan
MADISON — About 200 soldiers from the Wisconsin Army National Guard’s Red Arrow Brigade are back in the United States after a stint in Afghanistan.The soldiers from the 2nd Battalion, 127th Infantry returned to Fort Bliss in Texas on Sunday.
MADISON — About 200 soldiers from the Wisconsin Army National Guard’s Red Arrow Brigade are back in the United States after a stint in Afghanistan.The soldiers from the 2nd Battalion, 127th Infantry returned to Fort Bliss in Texas on Sunday.
Baldwin asks DOD to investigate Wisconsin discharge decision
MADISON, Wis. — U.S. Sen.
MADISON, Wis. — U.S. Sen.
Oostburg man accused of making terrorist threat on social media: 'It did provoke a disturbance'
OOSTBURG -- An Oostburg man accused of making threats of terrorism to local schools went before a judge in Sheboygan County on Wednesday afternoon, Nov. 6.
OOSTBURG -- An Oostburg man accused of making threats of terrorism to local schools went before a judge in Sheboygan County on Wednesday afternoon, Nov. 6.
150 Wisconsin National Guard soldiers set to deploy to Middle East this fall
SPOONER, Wis. -- Approximately 150 soldiers from the Wisconsin Army National Guard’s 829th Engineer Company will deploy to the Middle East this fall.According to a news release from the Wisconsin National Guard, headquartered in Spooner with a detachment in Ashland, the 829th will mobilize to U.S. Central Command as a versatile construction element in support of an engineer battalion from Indiana.The 829th most recently deployed to Afghanistan in 2013-14, but also deployed to Iraq in 2003-04 and again in 2009-10.
SPOONER, Wis. -- Approximately 150 soldiers from the Wisconsin Army National Guard’s 829th Engineer Company will deploy to the Middle East this fall.According to a news release from the Wisconsin National Guard, headquartered in Spooner with a detachment in Ashland, the 829th will mobilize to U.S. Central Command as a versatile construction element in support of an engineer battalion from Indiana.The 829th most recently deployed to Afghanistan in 2013-14, but also deployed to Iraq in 2003-04 and again in 2009-10.
Gov. Evers authorizes Wisconsin National Guard to help with Hurricane Dorian response
MADISON -- Governor Tony Evers on Friday, Aug. 30 signed an executive order authorizing Major General Don Dunbar, Wisconsin’s adjutant general, to call elements of the Wisconsin National Guard to state active duty to assist civil authorities in Florida impacted by Hurricane Dorian.The order also directed all state agencies to assist the Wisconsin Department of Military Affairs in responding to the situation.“Coming together and helping others in their time of need is what Wisconsinites do," said Governor Evers in a news release. "The members of the Wisconsin National Guard stand ready to help Florida as the state and its people prepare to face this dangerous storm and recover from the damage it may inflict upon them.
MADISON -- Governor Tony Evers on Friday, Aug. 30 signed an executive order authorizing Major General Don Dunbar, Wisconsin’s adjutant general, to call elements of the Wisconsin National Guard to state active duty to assist civil authorities in Florida impacted by Hurricane Dorian.The order also directed all state agencies to assist the Wisconsin Department of Military Affairs in responding to the situation.“Coming together and helping others in their time of need is what Wisconsinites do," said Governor Evers in a news release. "The members of the Wisconsin National Guard stand ready to help Florida as the state and its people prepare to face this dangerous storm and recover from the damage it may inflict upon them.











