FOX Television Stations owns and operates 29 full-power broadcast television stations in the U.S. These include stations located in nine of the top ten largest designated market areas (DMAs), and duopolies in 11 DMAs, including the three largest DMAs (New York, Los Angeles and Chicago). Of these stations, 18 are affiliated with the FOX Network. In addition to distributing sports, entertainment, and syndicated content, our television stations collectively produce nearly 1,000 hours of local news every week. These stations leverage viewer, distributor and advertiser demand for the FOX Network’s national content.
This is a current listing of available job opportunities with WITI-TV.
FOX6 News is seeking a Producer to join our team! We’re a big shop that puts out a lot of news every day. We have all the newsgathering tools and place a premium on content and production techniques that are relevant and attract a diverse audience!
You must be able to produce fast-paced newscasts with urgency and be able to make newscast changes as news breaks. Producing is not just about television anymore – it’s about all the unique channels available to us through social networking, online, and whatever else comes down the road next. You need to embrace all those things to be successful here!
You must have a college degree preferably in Journalism with a minimum of two years of producing experience working in a commercial television station. The world of TV News is changing, so you must be well-versed in all aspects of journalism, from online to working sources through social networking. Non-linear editing skills a plus! Send us a link to your very best work!
CLICK HERE to apply for the Producer position.
FOX6 is looking to add its newest member to our award winning photo team! If you love to tell good stories and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty from time to time, then this might be the place for you! We pride ourselves on quality audio, natural sound and compelling pictures. You must be able to strive for excellence every day to hang with this group!! There’s plenty of room for advancement too!
- Capture the best sequences, natural sound and moments while collaborating with reporters, producers and managers to produce compelling stories that our viewers will remember.
- Operate ENG Live Trucks /Streaming devices and other mobile gear and live equipment.
- Knowledge of lighting techniques for live shots and interviews.
- Creative use of natural sound
- Edit daily news stories on deadline
- Edit video for publication specific to Internet.
- Open to learning how to write copy, captions or headlines to contribute to our digital platforms.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred.
- At least two years of Television News shooting experience, as well as technical knowledge of non-linear editing software and photo equipment
- Must be physically able to lift, carry and handle 30 to 50 pounds of camera gear, and deal with the realities of a Wisconsin winter or summer.
- Position requires driving.
- Drone license preferred
CLICK HERE to apply for the Photojournalist position.
Creative Services Promotions Producer
FOX6 in Milwaukee has an immediate opening for a creative, motivated and experienced creative services producer. The successful candidate will be charged with creating content that drives viewers to our newscasts. We are looking for candidates who thrive on conceptualizing, shooting, editing, directing and collaborating with several departments to get the job done. You must be always up to date on current events and be able to identify which strategies appeal to different audiences. Your work will extend across many platforms, not just television, so it is key to be able tailor your message to be platform-specific.
- Work with Director of Strategy and Marketing and the Promotions Manager to develop and elevate the station’s look and promotional aesthetic.
- Write copy, shoot, select music, create graphics and direct talent.
- Create platform-specific tune-in promos for specific stories
- Ability to write, edit, produce daily topicals to drive viewers to newscasts.
- Will be cross-trained in other aspects of the department.
- In-depth knowledge of DSLRs, Canon C-100, and/or Sony XD cameras
- In-depth knowledge of Mac and Adobe products, specifically Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
- Be adept in the most popular social media platforms including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
- Be able to emotionally connect with audience with photography, writing and editing.
- Be able to identify the most compelling part of news stories and sell them in unique ways.
- Be a problem solver who is ready to charge through obstacles and always have a plan B in your back pocket.
- Team player with professional, positive, outgoing personality who takes initiative to live the brand.
CLICK HERE to apply for the Creative Services Promotions Producer.
WITI FOX6 is searching for an outgoing performer to work with the FOX6 Finance team. This position will work hand in hand with multiple departments while specializing in assisting the Finance Director to prepare and coordinate timely and accurate reporting in accordance with company policies, government regulations and GAAP for WITI Television.
- Assist the Finance Director
- Update and create excel spreadsheets using advanced formulas
- Completion and review of journal entries in connection with the month-end, quarter-end and fiscal year financial close process
- Assist in the preparation of account reconciliations and monthly corporate reporting
- Review Wide Orbit revenue coding for proper commission calculation. Work with sales management for appropriate new business documentation and coding changes
- Oversee the capital expenditure reconciliation and spending in coordination with the Chief Engineer. Responsible for maintaining records of the station’s fixed assets
- Review, code, and approve accounts payable timely and accurately
- Assist on special projects, analyses, and presentations as needed
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Finance or Accounting degree preferred
- Strong organizational skills are required
- Must be able to work under time constraints and manage deadlines
- Requires strict standards of confidentiality and good judgment through proven work experience
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple tasks independently
- Highly proficient in MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook. Intermediate to advance excel skills. Experience with automated accounting systems helpful
CLICK HERE to apply for the Staff Accountant position.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only those individuals who have been selected for interviews will be contacted.
If your organization regularly distributes information about employment opportunities and would like to receive job vacancy notifications from FOX6, please notify Human Resources by mail or e-mail to make your request. WITI – TV/FOX6 is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Applications and resumes may be sent to the attention of the Human Resources Dept. at:
- FOX 6 – WITI
- 9001 N. Green Bay Road
- Milwaukee, WI 53209
FOX6 News WITI-TV Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.