FOX Television Stations owns and operates 29 full-power broadcast television stations in the U.S. These include stations located in nine of the top ten largest designated market areas (DMAs), and duopolies in 11 DMAs, including the three largest DMAs (New York, Los Angeles and Chicago). Of these stations, 18 are affiliated with the FOX Network. In addition to distributing sports, entertainment, and syndicated content, our television stations collectively produce nearly 1,000 hours of local news every week. These stations leverage viewer, distributor and advertiser demand for the FOX Network’s national content.
This is a current listing of available job opportunities with WITI-TV.
Weekend Anchor / Weekday Reporter
FOX6 News is seeking a Weekend Anchor / Weekday Reporter to join our team! We’re looking for someone who has the passion to pursue stories long before the competition and strives to be the lead every night both on-air and online!
General assignment reporter/anchor who understands the complex issues of the day and has the ability to communicate clearly with a diverse audience. You’ll need to be great at breaking news and be able to think on your feet in pressure situations. We do a lot of live reporting so you have to be creative with your approach to live shots.
Live reporting skills and a minimum of 3 years of news experience is required. You must be a team player who works well with photojournalists, editors, producers, and managers. Exceptional writing, live shot, anchoring, and storytelling skills are a must! Send us a reel of your best work and we will take it from there!
CLICK HERE to apply for the Weekend Anchor / Weekday Reporter position.
FOX6 News is seeking an aggressive, enterprising reporter to join our award-winning team! We have more news than any other television station in the state and need someone who is hungry and ready to get content on our broadcast and digital platforms all the time. We have a culture that embraces providing content on multiple platforms.
Developing sources and breaking stories is what it’s all about, you MUST be able to demonstrate how you juggle sources, work contacts, and develop exclusive content. You must be great at incorporating digital/social media content with all your stories. You must have strong on-camera skills and the ability to communicate complex stories that our viewers can understand and use to better their lives.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a commercial television news operation. Must have a passion for storytelling and enterprise reporting. You should exhibit strong on-air skills both in the field and in studio. You must strive for excellence in everything you do.
CLICK HERE to apply for the Reporter position.
We’re looking for that special person with vision and a passion for journalism to oversee our daily newscasts. The ideal candidate knows how to showcase the day’s top story, develop story ideas, respond to breaking news and weather and oh yeah….be great with people!
The EP works with anchors, reporters, and producers to create compelling newscasts worth watching. You must have a track record of excellence in producing and booth skills. This position oversees the creation of show rundowns, participates in story selection, and oversees content, graphics use, pacing, and the overall “look and feel” of the broadcast. The executive producer ensures reporters and photojournalists in the field meet newsroom standards for fairness, accuracy, ethics, and presentation. They are responsible for ensuring producers, photographers, and production staff consistently follow established expectations and guidelines. The EP is a key player in managing staff accountability. You will be expected to develop and implement strategic goals in concert with other newsroom and station managers.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of something special! We are the news and digital leader in the Milwaukee market and are looking for the best and brightest to help continue that tradition!
Five plus years of newscast producing is required. Prior newsroom management experience and a college degree in journalism or related field is a necessity!
CLICK HERE to apply for the Executive Producer position.
FOX6 News is seeking a Producer to join our team! We’re a big shop that puts out a lot of news every day. We have all the newsgathering tools and place a premium on content and production techniques that are relevant and attract a diverse audience!
You must be able to produce fast-paced newscasts with urgency and be able to make newscast changes as news breaks. Producing is not just about television anymore – it’s about all the unique channels available to us through social networking, online, and whatever else comes down the road next. You need to embrace all those things to be successful here!
You must have a college degree preferably in Journalism with a minimum of two years of producing experience working in a commercial television station. The world of TV News is changing, so you must be well-versed in all aspects of journalism, from online to working sources through social networking. Non-linear editing skills a plus! Send us a link to your very best work!
CLICK HERE to apply for the Producer position.
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge? If you live and breathe sports, then this position is for you! FOX6 is looking for a sports producer to join our award-winning team! We’re looking for a dynamic individual who loves to create live, compelling sports shows and sportscasts using creative production techniques.
We produce a weekly sports show as well as pregame and postgame specials. Packers, Bucks, Badgers, Brewers….we cover it all! This person will work closely with the news management team, anchors/reporters, as well as editors and associate producers. You must be extremely organized as you’ll oversee story planning, assignment management and the sports staff’s schedule. You will need to be a skilled editor who thinks outside of the box. A creative writer and proficient line producer who knows how to think on his/her feet! The ability to go out and shoot video from time to time will enhance your chances of getting this gig!
The successful candidate will have 3+ years in a commercial television news organization as a producer. Extensive knowledge of sports and good boothing skills are a must!
CLICK HERE to apply for the Sports Producer position.
FOX6 is looking to add its newest member to our award winning photo team! If you love to tell good stories and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty from time to time, then this might be the place for you! We pride ourselves on quality audio, natural sound and compelling pictures. You must be able to strive for excellence every day to hang with this group!! There’s plenty of room for advancement too!
- Capture the best sequences, natural sound and moments while collaborating with reporters, producers and managers to produce compelling stories that our viewers will remember.
- Operate ENG Live Trucks /Streaming devices and other mobile gear and live equipment.
- Knowledge of lighting techniques for live shots and interviews.
- Creative use of natural sound
- Edit daily news stories on deadline
- Edit video for publication specific to Internet.
- Open to learning how to write copy, captions or headlines to contribute to our digital platforms.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred.
- At least two years of Television News shooting experience, as well as technical knowledge of non-linear editing software and photo equipment
- Must be physically able to lift, carry and handle 30 to 50 pounds of camera gear, and deal with the realities of a Wisconsin winter or summer.
- Position requires driving.
- Drone license preferred
CLICK HERE to apply for the Photojournalist position.
FOX 6 News is seeking an Assignment Editor to join our team. We are a multi-platform news content provider with one of the state’s largest news operations -- this position plays a key role in the success of that operation.
This person is responsible for guiding news coverage on digital and broadcast platforms during the shift assigned. The candidate will work closely with news managers to create compelling and current content. This person handles the ENG and news crew deployment, coordinates editing responsibilities and coordinates live crew and resources assignments. Because we are a multiple platform news operation with a heavy emphasis on our digital platforms, the candidate must know how to use social media, the internet and other emerging technologies to generate news stories and news contacts. This person must have the skills to post content and assign resources to our digital platforms. This position assists the news and the digital and broadcast producers with story research. This person answers news department phones, supports state and national network news partners with information, video and scripts, monitors police and fire scanners and e-mail for potential news stories. Other duties as assigned. There are a lot of responsibilities but if you are ready for the challenge, we want to hear from you.
Must have a Journalism or communication degree or related experience. Previous assignment desk or associate producer experience preferred. Applicant must have excellent news judgment and understand how to use current news gathering tools for both broadcast and digital platforms. Must be organized and be able to prioritize assignments to maximize staff output. Must be able to multi-task and think logistically. Strong communication skills and commitment to the highest standards of journalism is required.
CLICK HERE to apply for the Assignment Editor position.
IT Support Technician
FOX6 WITI is seeking an IT Support Technician to join our information technology team. The qualified candidate will diagnose, repair, and maintain all Station computer systems by performing the following duties.
- Includes the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop and laptop computers, mobile devices, applications, and related technology within established FTS standards and guidelines.
- Support a user base >< 175 employees by isolating and troubleshooting problems with software and hardware configurations.
- Recommend and perform hardware and software upgrades on systems to ensure security, reliability, performance, and longevity. Deploy new or upgraded technologies as required.
- Ensure systems interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems and Active Directory resources.
- Maintain hardware/software inventories for all IT managed technologies.
- Act as station’s IT Manager backup and assist with maintaining the station’s infrastructure.
- This includes but is not limited to technical support of the station's servers on the “Primary Active Directory domain” and Broadcast environments.
- Activities will require interaction with other members of the Corporate IT team, Station group, and vendors to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
- All work performed requires initiative, good judgment, and must be able to resolve issues and isolate faults methodically. Must be discreet with sensitive information and responsibilities.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of technical documents used for planning and support of local servers and networks.
- Must be able to follow defined procedure and processes and to deal with frequent change, and unexpected events.
- To assist in the developing, installing, and maintaining IT infrastructures that directly affect the air stream of WITI/FOX6
- Assist with cabling, wiring, terminations, and fabrication of CAT5 and CAT6 cables as needed
- Additional duties as necessary and/or assigned
- Networking – Basic IP networking and troubleshooting
- OS – MS/Windows Server 2012 (and greater) and MS Windows 10
- Hardware Platforms – HP Desktop and ProLiant Servers, Tablets and Smartphones, Cisco Switches.
- Applications/Software – MS Office, BackupExec, Ghost (or equivalent), OKTA, AWS workstations, Crowdstrike, ServiceNow, Tanium
- Two years’ experience and/or education in networked computer support, hardware troubleshooting and installation, software installation, and network management (Military training and/or equivalent in computer-related fields will be considered)
- Experience with video editing systems, streaming and file transfer, and recording formats a plus
- Knowledge of Apple OSX software, hardware, and networking
- This position requires an “on-call” status when emergencies or breakdown of critical equipment occurs to the operation of WITI/FOX6 – Must be willing to work nights/weekends/holidays as needed
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have attention to detail with great accuracy
- Must have the ability to make decisions and take prompt action
- Must be able to work alone and unsupervised when necessary
- Operation of company vehicles must be done with the safety of the operator, other personnel, and general public in mind, according to the guidelines of WITI/FOX6
- Dexterity with common hand tools (ie: screwdrivers, pliers, crimpers, cutters, etc)
- Ability to comfortably work on a ladder
- Must be able to prioritize
CLICK HERE to apply for the IT Support Technician position.
WITI is looking for an Executive Assistant to support the General Manager and station management team with the daily operation of a busy office and special projects.
The person in this position must demonstrate extreme discretion handling sensitive material while providing administrative support to the General Manager and station management. The position is responsible for, but not limited to, maintaining station contracts, booking travel, creating and tracking purchase orders, coordinating station appearance requests, preparing FCC reports, licensing station footage, working with vendors, ordering supplies, assisting with station employee events and other duties as assigned.
Required skillset includes effective written/verbal communications, creative problem solving and conflict management, and computer skills including Microsoft Office. Must be able to multi-task with excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills.
CLICK HERE to apply for the Executive Assistant position.
WITI FOX6 is searching for an outgoing performer to work with the FOX6 Finance team. This position will work hand in hand with multiple departments while specializing in assisting the Finance Director to prepare and coordinate timely and accurate reporting in accordance with company policies, government regulations and GAAP for WITI Television.
- Assist the Finance Director
- Update and create excel spreadsheets using advanced formulas
- Completion and review of journal entries in connection with the month-end, quarter-end and fiscal year financial close process
- Assist in the preparation of account reconciliations and monthly corporate reporting
- Review Wide Orbit revenue coding for proper commission calculation. Work with sales management for appropriate new business documentation and coding changes
- Oversee the capital expenditure reconciliation and spending in coordination with the Chief Engineer. Responsible for maintaining records of the station’s fixed assets
- Review, code, and approve accounts payable timely and accurately
- Assist on special projects, analyses, and presentations as needed
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Finance or Accounting degree preferred
- Strong organizational skills are required
- Must be able to work under time constraints and manage deadlines
- Requires strict standards of confidentiality and good judgment through proven work experience
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple tasks independently
- Highly proficient in MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook. Intermediate to advance excel skills. Experience with automated accounting systems helpful
CLICK HERE to apply for the Staff Accountant position.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only those individuals who have been selected for interviews will be contacted.
If your organization regularly distributes information about employment opportunities and would like to receive job vacancy notifications from FOX6, please notify Human Resources by mail or e-mail to make your request. WITI – TV/FOX6 is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Applications and resumes may be sent to the attention of the Human Resources Dept. at:
- FOX 6 – WITI
- 9001 N. Green Bay Road
- Milwaukee, WI 53209
FOX6 News WITI-TV Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.