Racine garage fire, no injuries

Members of the Racine Fire Department were dispatched just after midnight Saturday to a garage on fire near Rode Avenue and Harriet Street.

Fire crews called to house fire in Racine, 5 occupants displaced

RACINE -- Fire officials were called to a house fire near Row Avenue and Howland Avenue Monday afternoon, June 22.As crews arrived shortly after 4 p.m., they saw a man on a balcony who was attempting to contain the fire that started in the second-floor bedroom.

Vehicle fire damages two homes in Racine

RACINE -- Fire officials responded to a car fire at a residence near De Koven Avenue and Taylor Avenue around 5 a.m. on Sunday, May 16.The vehicle was engulfed in the driveway between two houses causing exterior damage to the siding of both.Racine firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and prevented both houses from sustaining further damage.The residents exited to safety and there were no injuries.The fire is under investigation and no more information is being released.

Cigarette discarded into garbage can ignites porch in Racine

RACINE -- A cigarette discarded into a garbage can caused the front porch to go up in flames Sunday morning, April 26 around 10 a.m.The residents of the home on Hickory Grove Avenue were able to extinguish the fire by the time Racine Fire Department crews arrived.