Sheboygan boy, shot killed: Charges against 2 teens, 1 woman

A 16-year-old Milwaukee boy is charged with first-degree intentional homicide, accused in the fatal shooting of a Sheboygan boy on Oct. 29.

Prosecutors said the suspect, Armani Jackson, shot the victim multiple times and fled the scene on foot. Sandra Love, 36, and Akeeyla Love, 17, of Sheboygan have also been charged with harboring/aiding a felon.

The shooting happened near 8th and Center in downtown Sheboygan – near City Hall – around 2:45 p.m. that day. The victim, identified as 16-year-old Kilek Mack, was found conscious and breathing by responding police officers, a criminal complaint states. Mack was taken to Children's Wisconsin for treatment, where he ultimately died of his injuries.

SIGN UP TODAY: Get daily headlines, breaking news emails from FOX6 News

At the scene, officials identified multiple gunshot wounds. An autopsy found Mack was shot three times. Officers found three bullet casings at the scene.

The complaint states that police reviewed video surveillance from Sheboygan city transit cameras. In the video, officers saw Mack sitting in a bus shelter when Jackson and a girl – since identified by authorities as 17-year-old Akeeyla Love – got off a bus and entered the shelter.

The video showed Jackson and Mack walking around the shelter; Jackson repeatedly put his hand in his waistband. At one point, Jackson pulled his hand out, "directed a fist" toward Mack and a "physical altercation" ensued between the two of them, the complaint states.

The altercation moved into a nearby alley and the two went to the ground. Mack stood up and stepped back, the complaint states, when Jackson reached into his waistband, stepped toward Mack and fired a single shot from roughly five feet away. Jackson then moved away and fired two more shots from about 10 feet away. Mack fell to the ground, and Jackson fled across a parking lot.

FREE DOWNLOAD: Get breaking news alerts in the FOX6 News app for iOS or Android.

According to the complaint, Mack "was not observed making any physical threats" to Jackson and there was "slight hesitation" before Jackson fired the second and third shots.

Police spoke to two witnesses who said they saw the altercation play out. Both witnesses said they saw Mack stepping away when the shooter, later identified as Jackson, fired multiple times. One witness was recording the altercation, and the video showed Jackson pull a black pistol from his waistband and point it at Mack; the video stopped just prior to the shooing, the complaint states.

Law enforcement tried to find Jackson the day of the shooting but was unsuccessful. Authorities did locate Akeeyla Love that day; she was arrested and spoke to police. She said she and Jackson knew one another and that she saw Jackson and Mack fighting. She said she tried to break up the fight and heard, but did not see, the shooting. She told police she did not know Jackson was armed.

The complaint states Akeeyla Love picked up Jackson's sweatshirt at the scene and ran after him after the shooting, but later dropped the sweatshirt because "she did not want to get in trouble." She then went home and called her mother, Sandra Love, to explain what happened. 

Kilek Mack

Police spoke to Sandra Love, who said her daughter had called asking her to come home from running errands because "something bad happened." She said they talked about what happened and denied that she had seen Jackson that day after she'd left to run errands.

Akeeyla Love consented to have her phone searched. The search found she had gone to Milwaukee after the shooting, and there were "numerous" GPS hits that showed the phone leaving Sheboygan and also within a specific block in Milwaukee for "a significant" period of time" around 6:30 p.m. the day of the shooting. She told police she did not know where Jackson went after the shooting, which was later found to be false.

On Oct. 30, Akeeyla and Sandra Love were arrested.

Akeeyla Love, Sandra Love

Upon arrest, the complaint states that Sandra Love told police that she and her daughter picked up Jackson after the shooting and went to his mother's house in Milwaukee. That location was where GPS hits placed Akeeyla Love's phone for "a significant period of time." Sandra Love said they talked to Jackson's mother about the seriousness of what happened. After about an hour there, the complaint states, the Loves returned home to Sheboygan.

Sandra Love told police she drove Jackson home to "protect her daughter," but did not explain why she lied about what happened or why she did not call the police. She said that Jackson had a backpack at her house that was gone, and she did not know if he had the backpack with him on their way to Milwaukee.

Police later spoke to Jackson's mother who said the Loves brought him home on Oct. 29. She was told that Jackson "got into it with another kid," but that Sandra Love did not tell her anyone died. The mother said Jackson told her he was not involved in the shooting. Jackson left again after the Loves left, the mother said, and she did not know where he went.

Jackson was arrested on Nov. 3 in Milwaukee. Police searched the residence where he was arrested and found a backpack with clothing inside, as well as a gun case, magazine and ammunition.

Jackson, Akeeyla Love and Sandra Love all made initial court appearances on Nov. 5 and are scheduled for preliminary hearings on Nov. 10.

A just set Jackson's cash bond at $1 million.

Milwaukee shootings: 2 dead, 3 teens injured Sunday

The Milwaukee Police Department responded to at least four separate shootings Sunday, Nov. 7. Two men were killed and three teens were injured.

Wauwatosa hotel shooting: 2 officers wounded, suspect in custody

Two Wauwatosa police officers were shot and wounded at the Radisson Hotel at N. Mayfair Road and W. North Avenue late on Saturday, Nov. 6, officials say.

Wauwatosa armed robbery, Milwaukee men sentenced

Two Milwaukee men have been sentenced in connection to a Memorial Day 2019 armed robbery in Wauwatosa. It began outside a Qdoba restaurant.