MILWAUKEE - U.S. Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona recognized on Tuesday, Sept. 21 325 schools as National Blue Ribbon Schools for 2021, including nine schools in Wisconsin.
The Wisconsin schools named as National Blue Ribbon Schools are:
- Coloma – Coloma Elementary School, Westfield School District
- De Pere – Foxview Intermediate School, De Pere School District
- Drummond – Drummond Elementary School, Drummond Area School District
- Franklin – Robinwood Elementary School, Franklin Public School District
- Hatley – Hatley Elementary School, D C Everest Area School District
- Hudson – River Crest Elementary School, Hudson School District
- Milwaukee – Marquette University High School, Archdiocese of Milwaukee
- Platteville – Westview Elementary School, Platteville School District
- Racine – Jefferson Lighthouse Elementary School, Racine Unified School District
Robinwood Elementary Principal Chad Nelson issued the following statement:
"It is very humbling to be recognized as a 2021 National Blue Ribbon School. To receive this recognition as an exemplary high performing school is an honor for the staff, students, and families of Franklin. The dedication and work from our staff over the years to ensure each child begins their love of learning at Robinwood is a true testament to what it means to be a better place to learn, a better place to work, and part of a better community."
MUHS President Rev. Michael J. Marco, S.J. issued this statement:
"This is exceptional recognition of the outstanding education we provide at MUHS and the key role it plays in transforming our students into Christ-like men for others. We congratulate our dedicated MUHS faculty and staff who consistently exceed expectations for delivering an innovative curriculum that prepares students to be intellectual, open to growth, religious, loving, and committed to justice."
The recognition is based on a school’s overall academic performance or progress in closing achievement gaps among student subgroups.
Now in its 39th year, the National Blue Ribbon Schools Program has bestowed approximately 10,000 awards to more than 9,000 schools.