MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) is seeking anyone interested in becoming an MCTS bus driver or mechanic. They are invited to attend a virtual job fair on Tuesday, May 25 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
This is an opportunity for job seekers to use their phone, tablet, or computer to connect with hiring managers who will answer questions and explain the recruitment and selection process, qualifications for each position, and the comprehensive benefits offered to MCTS employees, including:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation days, personal days, sick days, funeral leave, jury duty)
- 457 Deferred Compensation Savings Plan
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Reimbursement for Eye Wear, Health Club Membership, Tuition
- Uniform Allowance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Bus Pass Valid for Unlimited Rides
In addition to hiring bus drivers, MCTS is looking for skilled mechanics who work behind-the-scenes to keep the entire fleet of buses clean, fueled, and operating safely. MCTS is excited to offer a $2,000 sign-on bonus to skilled mechanics who join the team.
A news release says these positions offer paid training, career growth, long-term job stability, and financial security for future retirement.
The virtual job fair will be presented in English, on Zoom, Tuesday, May 25 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. Anyone interested in attending must register in advance.