Milwaukee parking, garbage schedule changes for Easter, Good Friday
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Department of Public Works will be modifying certain operations due to Good Friday and the Easter holiday.
Here is a list of changes that residents need to know.
Garbage, recycling, and drop-off centers
- There will be no garbage and recycling pick-up on Friday, April 15. Reminder: Collection days shift forward after each city holiday. Review the schedule at milwaukee.gov/sanitation.
- Drop-off centers will be closed on Friday, April 15 and Sunday, April 17.
Parking enforcement, tow lots
- No overnight parking enforcement on Saturday night into Sunday morning (April 17 from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.) However, vehicles still must be legally parked and not in violation of any posted parking regulations.
- Overnight parking enforcement resumes on Sunday night into Monday morning (April 18 from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.).
- Tow lots will be open Friday, April 15 and Saturday, April 16 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Closed Sunday, April 17.
SIGN UP TODAY: Get daily headlines, breaking news emails from FOX6 News
Milwaukee Water Works
- The customer service center will be closed for the holiday on Friday, April 15 for in-person and live telephone assistance.
- Automated account information and bill payment will remain available by calling 414-286-2830.
- Customers can pay their bill and check account balances online anytime at milwaukee.gov/water.
- For water emergencies, customers are asked to call the 24-hour control center at 414-286-3710.
For other requests, schedules, and information, residents should call 414-286-CITY, visit the DPW website or enter service requests online.
FREE DOWNLOAD: Get breaking news alerts in the FOX6 News app for iOS or Android.