Dodge County pursuit, standoff: Oshkosh man gets 6 years in prison

Tyler Anderson

Tyler Anderson, 26, of Oshkosh was sentenced to six years in prison and ordered to pay more than $51,000 in restitution after he led law enforcement on a pursuit, struck a squad car and engaged in an hours-long standoff with authorities in January.

Anderson pleaded guilty to fleeing/eluding an officer causing property damage, possession of a firearm by a felon and felony bail jumping. As part of a plea agreement, seven additional charges were dismissed but read in.

Police body camera video from the Jan. 30 incident in Dodge County shed light on what unfolded.

SIGN UP TODAY: Get daily headlines, breaking news emails from FOX6 News

A Juneau police officer pursued the SUV driven by Anderson in the middle of a snowstorm. Court filings state the SUV had a headlight out, and the vehicle owner’s license was suspended.

The officer, Sgt. Russell Ebert, said he was cresting a hill near Beaver Dam Hospital, trying to turn onto a side street -- but couldn't make it: "He was coming head-on with me at that time." Ebert's squad car was hit head-on.

Police body camera footage from Jan. 30 pursuit, crash and standoff in Dodge County

The five-year police veteran broke the window, trying to disable the SUV. The driver -- later identified as Anderson said: "I got a gun." Other officers arrived, and Ebert dropped back. Multiple commands were given for Anderson to show his hands.

The engine revved, and Anderson threw the SUV into reverse. It narrowly hit Ebert, sideswiped a squad car and fishtailed as it took off.

FREE DOWNLOAD: Get breaking news alerts in the FOX6 News app for iOS or Android.

Court filings state the SUV, which didn't belong to Anderson, crashed. A female passenger got out, but Anderson and police engaged in a nearly eight-hour standoff that ended after gas rounds were fired into the car, forcing Anderson out.

A gun without a firing pin was found in the SUV's rear seat, along with drug paraphernalia.


Man charged in fatal crash; traveling 83 mph just before wreck

A 27-year-old Milwaukee man is charged in connection with a fatal crash that happened near Capitol and Green Bay on Saturday, Oct. 16.


Milwaukee man sentenced: 30 years in triple shooting that left 1 dead

A Milwaukee County judge sentenced Oshonti Cannady to 30 years in prison in connection with a triple shooting that left one dead at 85th and Grantosa in July 2019.