Cudahy police chase into St. Francis, Green Bay man charged

A Green Bay man is charged with eight counts in connection to a police chase from Cudahy into St. Francis on Tuesday, March 22.

Prosecutors say Iroquois Regazzi, 26, fired shots toward police from a fleeing vehicle before it crashed in St. Francis. 

On March 22, a Cudahy police officer spotted a speeding car near Packard and Grange and tried to pull the car over. However, the car sped up – and a chase began.

SIGN UP TODAY: Get daily headlines, breaking news emails from FOX6 News

The Hyundai reached speeds greater than 60 mph in what was a 25 mph zone. Near Packard and Squire, the complaint states Regazzi, who was a passenger, reached out of the moving car, pointed a gun toward the officer and fired two shots. The car continued to flee, hitting 78 mph before ultimately crashing near Packard and Lake Drive in St. Francis.

Cudahy police searched the area for Regazzi, but couldn't find him. After hours on the run, security spotted Regazzi in the woods near the FBI building – not far from the crash scene – and was arrested. He had a gun on him, the complaint states. Another man was also arrested. Officers found a gun in the car.

Police near Packard and Lake Drive where pursuit ended

Shooting at hotel

According to the complaint, Milwaukee police were called to a hotel near 13th and College on March 21 – the day before the pursuit. There, Regazzi was allegedly yelling with a woman and at one point pulled out a handgun and began waving it in the air, saying he was "gonna pop a round off." Regazzi later "put his head down like a bull and charged" at someone before swinging his arms and firing a shot. The bullet hit a door. Regazzi fled the scene.

Per the complaint, the man arrested in connection to the pursuit told police that he was at the hotel and heard shots fired. He said he went out to his car to leave when Regazzi got in the back and told him to drive. The man said they drove around and later returned to the hotel where Regazzi grabbed a shotgun from another car.

Cudahy police pursuit, shots fired, 2 in custody (Courtesy: Incident Response)

The man also said that he was driving with Regazzi on March 22 when a squad car pulled up behind them. According to the complaint, the man said Regazzi pointed a gun at him and told him to "go, go, go." As they were driving, he said he knew Regazzi fired shots, but thought it was at the ground. 

In all Regazzi is charged with:

  • First-degree recklessly endangering safety (2 counts)
  • Felon in possession of a firearm (2 counts)
  • Felony bail jumping (2 counts)
  • Endangering safety, use of a dangerous weapon (from vehicle, at or toward building or vehicle)
  • Theft of moveable property

Regazzi made an initial court appearance on March 26, and a judge set cash bond at $150,000. He is due for a preliminary hearing on April 5.

FREE DOWNLOAD: Get breaking news alerts in the FOX6 News app for iOS or Android.


Sheboygan church arson, man charged

A man is charged with arson, among other crimes, after allegedly setting a Sheboygan church fire Tuesday. Prosecutors said he admitted to it.


Artist highlights Waukesha parade victims: 'Remember their name'

Paintings of each of the six Waukesha Christmas Parade tragedy victims are now hanging inside city hall. FOX6 News spoke with the artist.