Packers schedule 2023: Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve times announced
GREEN BAY, Wis. - The Green Bay Packers schedule for the 2023-24 season was released Thursday night, May 11.
Get your party planning going – nine of the Packers' 17 games will be seen on FOX6!
RELATED: Check out the new and improved FOX Sports app
- Week 1: @ Chicago Bears; Sunday, Sept. 10 at 3:25 p.m. on FOX
- Week 2: @ Atlanta Falcons; Sunday, Sept. 17 at noon on FOX
- Week 3: vs. New Orleans Saints; Sunday, Sept. 24 at noon on FOX
- Week 4: vs. Detroit Lions; Thursday, Sept. 28 at 7:15 p.m.
- Week 5: @ Las Vegas Raiders; Monday, Oct. 9 at 7:15 p.m.
- Week 6: BYE
- Week 7: @ Denver Broncos; Sunday, Oct. 22 at 3:25 p.m.
- Week 8: vs. Minnesota Vikings; Sunday, Oct. 29 at noon on FOX
- Week 9: vs. Los Angeles Rams; Sunday, Nov. 5 at noon on FOX
- Week 10: @ Pittsburgh Steelers; Sunday, Nov. 12 at noon
- Week 11: vs. Los Angeles Charges; Sunday, Nov. 19 at noon on FOX
- Week 12: @ Detroit Lions; Thursday, Nov. 23 at 11:30 a.m. on FOX (Thanksgiving)
- Week 13: vs. Kansas City Chiefs; Sunday, Dec. 3 at 7:20 p.m.
- Week 14: @ New York Giants; Monday, Dec. 11 at 7:15 p.m.
- Week 15: vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers; Sunday, Dec. 17 at noon on FOX
- Week 16: @ Carolina Panthers; Sunday, Dec. 24 at noon on FOX (Christmas Eve)
- Week 17: @ Minnesota Vikings; Sunday, Dec. 31 at 7:20 p.m. (New Year's Eve)
- Week 18: vs. Chicago Bears (date and time TBD)
As it sits now, the Packers' schedule features five primetime contests for a 10th consecutive season.
Starting the season at Chicago, it marks the fifth straight season – and ninth of the past 11 – that Green Bay will start the season on the road. The Packers are the only time to start on the road each of the past five seasons. It is also the fourth time in the past five seasons that the Packers will play a division rival in Week 1.
The Thanksgiving contest against the Lions marks the first time the Packers will have played the holiday since hosting the Bears in 2015 and the first time at Detroit since 2013. After back-to-back seasons playing on Christmas, the Packers will play on Christmas Eve this year at Carolina.
The Packers' preseason slate is as follows:
- @ Cincinnati Bengals; Friday, Aug. 11 at 6 p.m.
- vs. New England Patriots; Saturday, Aug. 19 at 7 p.m.
- vs. Seattle Seahawks; Saturday, Aug. 26 at 12 p.m.
Read more about the season schedule on the Packers' website.
NFL 'Flexible Scheduling Program' changes weighed
The excitement of the 2023 season comes with nerves for some NFL fans as the league weighs a policy change. Later in May, NFL owners could approve a new rule allowing the league to pivot games from Sunday to Thursday. It's part of the league's "Flexible Scheduling Program."
Launched in 2006, the program allows the NFL to swap game times later in the season so that primetime slots are saved for meaningful games on Sundays and Mondays. The change would allow the NFL to move a Sunday game to Thursday with about two weeks' notice to teams and their fans.