Faulty bathroom vent fan sparks fire in Fond du Lac home, no injuries

Faulty bathroom vent fan sparks fire in Fond du Lac home, no injuries (Courtesy: Fond du Lac Fire Twitter Page)

Firefighters on Thursday morning, March 18 responded to the scene of a house fire on Scott Street near Hickory Street in Fond du Lac. The call came in around 4:20 a.m.

Upon arrival, fire crews found a smoldering fire in a bathroom. Officials say the fire started by a faulty vent fan in the bathroom. The Fire was contained to the bathroom.

Residents were able to safely evacuate the home, there were no injuries.

FREE DOWNLOAD: Get breaking news alerts in the FOX6 News app for iOS or Android

FDLPD assisted with scene management.  Alliant Energy called to the scene for securing of utilities.  Officials say the family should be able to remain in the home after the electrical service is restored.

Police: Pedestrian dead after being struck by hit-and-run driver in Milwaukee

Milwaukee police are investigating a fatal hit-and-run crash involving a pedestrian.

Butler police seek to ID suspects in connection with retail theft at Kwik Trip

The Butler Police Department is investigating a retail theft that took place at Kwik Trip.