52nd and Mill house fire; ruled accidental
MILWAUKEE - Firefighters on Monday, Feb. 21 responded to the scene of a house fire near 52nd and Mill in Milwaukee. The call came in around 5:15 a.m.
Those who live off 52nd Street on Milwaukee’s north side had a story to tell as they headed to work Monday morning.
"I got out of the shower and came out and couldn’t get out for work. And I just found out one of my neighbor’s house is on fire," said Gwendolyn Williams, neighbor.
The house, engulfed in flames, took firefighters a few hours to fight. Now, a man, woman, and dog that lived there are displaced.
Brandon Loll, a neighbor, lets his dog out around the same time each morning and could not believe what he saw right next door.
"I went back out to let my dog back in, and I see the flames shooting through the doors and windows," said Loll, neighbor. "I went to go see if I could try and help but by then the flames were covered in there, there was no way of helping anybody."
SIGN UP TODAY: Get daily headlines, breaking news emails from FOX6 News
As Milwaukee firefighters finally got the fire out around 7 a.m., Loll was in search of his displaced neighbors before he got the good news. No injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire was ruled accidental Monday afternoon. A fire in the fireplace expanded and caused the house to engulf in flames, a release from police said.