Wave fall to Blast, 17-11

MILWAUKEE -- The Milwaukee Wave started their longest road trip in team history which includes five games in four cities over ten days in Baltimore. For the first time all season the Wave lost back to back games suffering a 17-11 loss in Baltimore. The Wave was looking to bounce back from their loss against Missouri last weekend when they traveled to rival’s Baltimore in the rubber match of the three game season series. The Blast handed Milwaukee its first loss of the season back on Dec. 31, in a low scoring 9-4 affair. The Wave then returned the favor on Feb. 4, scoring 14 first quarter points and thoroughly avenging their past defeat. The match-up moved to Baltimore for the first time this season and the first time since the Wave won the MISL Championship in Baltimore with the Blast coming out on top this time.

The Wave put points on the board first as J.P. Rodrigues fired in a goal off a Howes rebound. The Wave’s Marcio Leite then scored on a restart giving the Wave a 4-0 lead. The Blast cut the lead in half on a Machel Millwood goal. Steven DeRoux added an additional goal for the Blast with just 50 seconds left in the quarter to tie up the game. The second quarter saw a lot of action but no scoring. Goalkeeper Marcel Feenstra’s nine saves in the first half kept the Wave in the game going into the half time.

The third quarter was owned by the Blast as they took command. Millwood scored two goals completing a hat trick for the night and Max Ferdinand added a goal giving the Blast a 10-4 lead at the end of the quarter. The Blast continued in the fourth quarter right where they had left off with a J.T. Noone goal. The Wave finally responded after the Blast’s 12 unanswered points with a Jonathan Greenfield 3-point laser cutting the lead the 12-7. The Blast answered quickly and extended their lead with a goal by Ptah Myers. seconds cutting the Blast’s lead to 14-11. The Wave once again added a sixth attacker which the Blast took advantage of as Shaun David scored a 3-point goal from midfield to increase the lead to 17-11. The Wave’s Hewerton tapped a goal in on a restart on Greg Howes fourth assist of the night however there was just 16 seconds left in the game leaving the Wave coming up short losing 17-13.

The Wave plays their final four regular season games on the road with the next game Sunday afternoon in Norfolk.

The Wave continued to battle adding a sixth attacker. Giuliano Oliviero scored two goals within 22