MILWAUKEE -- Whether you like them for a quick breakfast, or as a meal replacement anytime of the day -- what you put in your smoothie can add a nutritious punch to fuel your day. Lisa Grudzielanek with Your Tasty Life joins Real Milwaukee to share five steps for creating healthy and slimming smoothies.
• Generally a cup to 1 ½ cup per smoothie
• Don`t miss this important component!
• Aim for 25-30 grams of protein from a protein powder
• Consuming protein within one hour of waking helps with hormone level and weight balance
• Berries are best due to being lowest in sugar
• Select greener bananas. They provide resistant starch, a prebiotic.
• Green banana contains little carbohydrate and no insulin response.
4) Healthy Fat
• Healthy fat helps the feeling fullness and dampen appetite
• Healthy fats are fuel for the brain cells and metabolism
• Hemp, chia, flaxseeds are great options.
• Ground seeds blend better.
6) Add-In Booster
• Maca Powder
• Bee Pollen
• Goji Berries
• Raw Chocolate
• Green powders