World's second-oldest person survives COVID-19 at age 116

A 116-year-old French nun who is believed to be the world’s second-oldest person has survived COVID-19 and is looking forward to celebrating her 117th birthday on Thursday.

Sister Andre (C), Lucille Randon in the registry of birth, the eldest French citizen, is pushed in a wheelchair during an event to celebrate her 116th birthday in the EHPAD (Housing Establishment for Dependant Elderly People) in Toulon, southern Fran

The Gerontology Research Group, which validates details of people thought to be 110 or older, lists Frenchwoman Lucile Randon — Sister André's birth name - as the second-oldest known living person in the world.

French media report that Sister André tested positive for the virus in mid-January in the southern French city of Toulon. But just three weeks later, the nun is considered recovered.

"I didn’t even realize I had it," she told French newspaper Var-Matin.

Sister André, who is blind and uses a wheelchair, did not even worry when she received her diagnosis.

"She didn’t ask me about her health, but about her habits," David Tavella, the communications manager for the care home where the nun, told the newspaper. "For example, she wanted to know if meal or bedtime schedules would change. She showed no fear of the disease. On the other hand, she was very concerned about the other residents."

FREE DOWNLOAD: Get breaking news alerts in the FOX6 News app for iOS or Android

Not all of the home's residents shared Sister André’s luck. In January, 81 of the 88 residents tested positive for the virus, and about 10 of them died, according to Var-Matin.

Once doctors declared the nun no longer infected, she was allowed to attend Mass.

Teens face homicide charges in rape, murder of Ee Lee

Two Milwaukee teenagers face homicide charges in the September 2020 rape and murder of Ee Lee, left for dead in Washington Park.

Vehicle recovered in shooting of Purcell Pearson

The suspect vehicle in 23rd Street and Wisconsin Avenue homicide of Purcell Pearson was recovered, Milwaukee police confirmed Tuesday, Feb. 9. Police are still looking for the shooter.