'Won't happen again:' MVP Bar owners promise changes after shooting, stampede

KENOSHA -- Chaos was caught on camera after when a shooting and a stampede occurred at a Kenosha bar on June 30. A 28-year-old man suffered a gunshot wound to the neck and had to be taken to the hospital by Flight for Life, where he was listed in critical but stable condition. The owners of the bar spoke with FOX6 News on Sunday, July 7 and promised changes to ensure something like this doesn't happen again.

Trice Rand, owner of MVP Bar

Calling it an unfortunate incident that never should have happened, Trice Rand said she was deeply concerned about what took place at the MVP All American Sports Bar on June 30.

"I'm very disappointed," said Rand.

"We feel bad for the young man that got shot," said the other owner "That won't happen again. That's not the way we take care of business."

Rand was actually tending bar that night when a fight escalated to gunfire.

"All of a sudden, it just was a, 'Pow! Pow!' A couple times," said Rand. "When the first shot began, everybody went down. Then we heard another shot. Went down again, and there somebody was, laying in the middle of the floor."

Shooting at MVP Bar in Kenosha

Incident outside of MVP Bar

Patrons frantically fled the scene and police rushed in.

"It was very scary," said Rand. "I've never been involved with anything like that."

The couple who has been running the bar since October 2018 said they've never had a violent incident like this occur.

"That's not our character, what happened," said the other owner. "We don't condone that."


Trice Rand, owner of MVP Bar

Rand said they planned to take more safety measures to ensure this doesn't happen again.

"We are going to get more security, and we are going to get metal detectors," said the other owner. " If there is something going on outside, we will call police to have them take care of that. We want to do more to make sure that everybody that comes to the bar feels safe and can have a good time."

The owners also said they'd been making attempts to get in touch with the victim to see how he was doing.