We are just one week away from Christmas Eve! The Cooking Mom joins FOX6 WakeUp with one of her favorite holiday dinners.
Just Leave It Beef and Wine
- 3 to 4 pounds chuck roast, cut in 2-inch cubes
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of celery soup
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup dry red wine (or a little more)
- 1 packet (1 ounce) dry onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Mix all ingredients together. Bake covered in a large casserole in a preheated 300-degree oven for 3 to 4 hours until beef is tender. Serve over warm noodles or mashed potatoes. You can also make this is a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours or until beef is fall-apart tender.
Notes:You can add 8 ounces sliced or while button mushrooms the last half hour of baking or serve with the dish with sautéed mushrooms. Delicious over buttered egg noodles. Also great with a dollop of sour cream and chopped parsley on top.