Molly Gallagher of the Falk Ruvin Gallagher Real Estate Team to talk about tips for decorating your home for the holidays while it's on the market.
- Buyers understand sellers celebrate holidays. Your home doesn’t have to be void of any decorations, but you need to be thoughtful about the décor.
- Stay away from crazy lights or blowup decorations on your lawn. Simple lights around trees or bushes and a beautiful wreath are charming.
- Inside your home, it’s ok to have a Menorah, Christmas tree or other religious items. It’s important to keep them to a minimum. You don’t want your décor to distract a buyer from experiencing your home and picturing him or herself living in it.
- For your holiday décor, I recommend selecting evergreen boughs and bows that are neutral in color with a winter theme – like greens, silver, gold, burlap and/or white.
- Outdoor pots with greens, branches and pinecones are appealing to the eye and can stay up throughout the winter season.
- Use fruits for your décor. Pomegranates, apples, pears and lemons mixed with evergreens in a bowl or along a mantle look (and smell) great!
- Don’t go overboard on the scented candles. Select a scent that’s light and natural