This sauce has some bite to it. You will want to add cheese and sour cream to your
enchiladas to balance the acidity of the tomatillos and reduce the heat from the chilies.
• 6 chilie ancho
• 1 pound of tomatillos – husks removed, rinsed, and chopped
• 2 ripe tomatoes — chopped
• 1 medium onion – chopped
• 1 Serrano chilies – seeded and chopped
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Salt and white pepper to taste
1. Toss first five ingredients with olive oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper.
2. Place all above ingredients in an ovenproof pan and roast until the tomatoes and
onions are soft and mushy.
3. Blend all ingredients until smooth. If the sauce is too thick you can add your favorite
broth or water until the desired consistency is reached.