Asparagus season is here! The Cooking Mom joins FOX6 WakeUp with an easy spring pasta salad.
Spring Pasta Salad
- 1 pound rotini pasta boiled, drained3/4 pound asparagus
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups of seeded diced tomatoes or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups sliced English or baby cucumber, sliced1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup diced red onion1 packet dry of Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar3/4 cup of canola or vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley (optional)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
Trim the ends of the asparagus and cut it into 2 inch pieces. Boil water and add salt. Plunge asparagus into boiling water and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove asparagus with a slotted spoon, and place in ice water to stop the cooking. Remove from water and pat dry.