Chef Feker joins FOX6 Wake to make a delicious Sicilian Fettuccine with Shrimp.
Recipe: Sicilian Fettuccine with Shrimp and Pistachio Pesto
• 1 lb. shelled and deveined shrimp
• 2 oz. of sun-dried tomato in oil (1 oz. of oil)
• 2 oz. of white wine
• 1 oz. of cream
• 2 oz. shelled pistachios
• 4 oz. loosely packed fresh basil leafs
• 1 large tomato diced
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
• 1 lb. Fettuccine or tagliatelle (fresh, homemade preferred)
1. For your pesto: Add the pistachios, basil, garlic, the sun-dried tomato and the oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and the 3/4 ofthe olive oil into a blender and mix until you have a well-textured paste. Small chunks of pistachio are good. Tasteand add more ingredients to your liking if so desired.
2. Meanwhile, heat some water for the pasta and when boiling, salt generously to taste and add the pasta.
3. Heat a large frying pan. When hot, add a drizzle of olive oil and add the tomatoes first cook for 30 second, then the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for another 30 second, deglaze with white wine. Once wine is evaporated add cream andemove from heat.
4. When the pasta is al dente, drain but keep a cup of pasta water aside.
5. Add the pasta to the prawns and mix, add the pesto and adjust consistency with the pasta water.
6. Complementing Wine: Pinot Grigio