Yum, potato cabbage casserole. Chef Feker joins FOX6 WakeUp and makes a delicious potato cabbage casserole. Check it out.
Serves 4 to 6
• 1/2 cup onion, chopped
• 1 Tbsp of butter
• 1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
• 1 cup of sautéed mushrooms
• 1/2 small cabbage, sliced thin
• 1 Tbsp of white balsamic or rice vinegar
• 2 cups of well seasoned home made left over Mashed potato
• 1/2 cup Ricotta cheese
• 1 cup fontina and/or Cheddar cheese, grated
• Sea Salt and white pepper to taste
1. Heat a large frying pan on high heat. Add oil, butter, onions and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent.
2. Reduce heat to medium and preheat your oven to 350 degrees
3. Add mushrooms and cabbage to your sauté pan and cook until their water has been released, about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add salt and white pepper to taste, along with the vinegar and cook dry, about 6 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, place mixture in a large bowl and add the ricotta, half of the fontina/cheddar and adjust seasoning if needed.
6. Spray a medium-size Pyrex or baking dish with a nonstick spray.
7. Place the cabbage mixture in the bottom and top with potatoes and the remaining cheese.
8. Place dish in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until it is warmed all the way through and the cheese is nice and bubbly.