Chef Feker shows you how to make some special homemade pasta without too much trouble.
• 1-1/2 cup fine semolina flour
• 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 eggs
• 4 oz water
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
1. Mix together the salt, semolina and all-purpose flour
2. Place flour mixture in a mixer and start on low. In a small bowl, beat the eggs and oil together until smooth. Pour this mixture into the mixer with the flour. As mixer is turning, add water a little at a time until a dough is formed.
3. Remove dough and kneed with your hand over a well-floured large work surface. Kneed for two minutes.
4. Wrap with plastic refrigerate and allow to rest for 30 to 40 minutes.
5. Remove from the refrigerator and let rest at room temperature for 5 minutes.
6. Place dough on a floured surface and cut in small pieces according to your pasta machine
instructions. Flour each piece well and run through your pasta machine to 1/4-inch thickness.
7. Run the pasta sheets through your desired cutter and toss the cut pasta in semolina flour to prevent from sticking. Repeat this step according to the amount of pasta made.