Chef Feker whips together some of his Holiday Gravy. It features something he likes to call yum-yums.
Yield 3 cups
• 1 onion, diced fine
• 3 cloves garlic, chopped fine
• 4 oz sage, chopped fine
• 1 tbsp thyme, chopped fine
• 5 tablespoons butter
• 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2 tbsp Worschestire Sauce
• 1 cup dry white wine
• 3-1/2 cups chicken broth
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1. Place your roasting pan over medium heat. Add the butter and cook until melted.
2. Add the onion, garlic and the herbs. Gently sauté.
3. Once the onion is translucent add the flour, nutmeg and cook to a golden brown.
4. Deglaze the pan with white wine and Worschestire sauce, scraping all the brown roasting yum-yums from the bottom of your pan.
5. Whisk in the chicken stock, and cook until the mixture turns a light, golden sandy color, about 6 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.