Chef Feker gives us a taste of Sicily. No passport needed for this adventure!
• 6, 6-oz chicken breasts pounded thin 1/8”
• Flour for dusting (cornstarch if gluten intolerant)
• 1 lb of crimini, shitake and porcini mushrooms, sliced (or your favorite mushrooms of choice)
• 2 oz chopped parsley, Italian flat leaf preferred
• 1 oz chopped fresh thyme
• 1 cup Marsala wine (dry/finé)
• 1/2 cup chicken stock
• 1 oz lemon juice
• 2 tbsp chilled butter, cut in small pieces
• 4 oz olive oil
• 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (gluten free if gluten intolerant or do not use)
• Sea Salt and pepper
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour/cornstarch.
2. In a large sauté pan, heat oil and brown chicken in oil/if more oil is needed add to pan as you will
be reducing later.
3. Remove and set aside all seared pieces of chicken; add mushrooms, parsley, and thyme and cook for
4. Add lemon juice and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Add Marsala to sauté pan and cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Add chicken stock and return chicken back to the sauté pan; increase heat to high.
7. Bring to a boil, then reduce temperature to medium and allow liquid to reduce by half.
8. Once liquid has reached the proper consistency and your chicken is done, season with salt and
pepper to your liking.
9. Remove Chicken breasts and let rest on a platter.
10. Meanwhile, whisk in butter one piece at a time to form a smooth emulsion/consistency.
11. Top the chicken with your magnificent creation/sauce and get Fekerized.