Wisconsin winter storm: Snow, ice, sleet taper into Thursday
MILWAUKEE - Winter storm warnings and ice storm warnings are in play until noon on Thursday, Feb. 23. This winter storm will continue to impact southeast Wisconsin throughout the evening.
The precipitation will start to taper off overnight. As of Wednesday afternoon parts of Sheboygan County has received over 6" of snow (and counting).
SIGN UP TODAY: Get daily headlines, breaking news emails from FOX6 News
The FOX6 Weather Deck in Brown Deer has 2" of sleet/snow. Many southern communities have experience 0.50" or more of ice accretion.
Expect hazardous conditions on the roads throughout the night as the mixed bag of precipitation continues. Snow remains the main precipitation type north of Milwaukee. Areas along the I-94 corridor with experience a mix of sleet and snow. Areas farther south will see the freezing rain and sleet combination continue.
SkyVision Plus shows the precipitation winding down overnight. We could see a light mix on Thursday morning with a few slick spots. However, it is possible the warnings that are currently in effect get downgraded as conditions are forecast to improve. Bottom line – Thursday will be a much better day than we have experienced on Wednesday.
FREE DOWNLOAD: Get breaking news alerts in the FOX6 News app for iOS or Android
FOX6 Weather Extras
Meanwhile, FOX6Now.com offers a variety of extremely useful weather tools to help you navigate the stormy season. They include the following:
FOX6 Storm Center app
FOX6 News app
FOX Weather app
MAPS AND RADAR
We have a host of maps and radars on the FOX6 Weather page that are updating regularly — to provide you the most accurate assessment of the weather. From a county-by-county view to the Midwest regional radar and a national view — it’s all there.
SCHOOL AND BUSINESS CLOSINGS
When the weather gets a little dicey, schools and businesses may shut down. Monitor the latest list of closings, cancellations, and delays reported in southeast Wisconsin.
FOX6 WEATHER IN SOCIAL MEDIA
- CLICK HERE to "Like" the FOX6 Weather Team on Facebook
- CLICK HERE to "Like" Rob Haswell on Facebook
- CLICK HERE to "Like" Tom Wachs on Facebook
- CLICK HERE to "Like" Stephanie Barichello on Facebook
- CLICK HERE to "Like" Eric Manges on Facebook
- CLICK HERE to "Like" Lisa Michaels on Facebook
- CLICK HERE to "Follow" the FOX6 Weather Team on Twitter
- CLICK HERE to "Follow" Rob Haswell on Twitter
- CLICK HERE to "Follow" Tom Wachs on Twitter
- CLICK HERE to "Follow" Stephanie Barichello on Twitter
- CLICK HERE to "Follow" Eric Manges on Twitter
- CLICK HERE to "Follow" Lisa Michaels on Twitter