MILWAUKEE -- This Mother's Day -- get cooking in the kitchen! Registered dietitian Kerry Clifford with Fresh Thyme Farmers Market joins Real Milwaukee with a dish that is sure to delight.
1. First, Check the Pantry and Go Shopping!
Recipe: Berry Special Sheet Pan Pancakes
Make 6 Servings
• Non-stick cooking spray
• 2 cups Fresh Thyme unbleached white all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
• 3 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme organic cane sugar
• 1 tsp. Fresh Thyme baking powder
• 1 tsp. Fresh Thyme fine sea salt
• 1 tsp. Fresh Thyme ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp. Fresh Thyme baking soda
• 2 cups buttermilk
• 2 Fresh Thyme large eggs
• 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
• 4 medium bananas, divided
• 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
• Vanilla and Cinnamon Icelandic Yogurt
• 1 cup sliced strawberries
• Fresh Thyme honey graham bear cookies, for garnish
• Fresh Thyme organic maple syrup, optional
• Dark Chocolate Chips, optional
• Ground Flax Seeds, optional
1. Coat an 18x13x1-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Preheat oven to 425F. In a large bowl, stir together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter. In a small bowl, peel and mash 2 bananas. Stir into buttermilk mixture.
4. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Peel and slice remaining 2 bananas. Top pancake batter evenly with sliced bananas and 1 cup blueberries. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned. Cut into squares to serve.
6. Serve pancakes topped with yogurt, strawberries, remaining 1 cup blueberries, and, if desired, bear cookies. Drizzle with maple syrup, if desired.