MILWAUKEE -- Thanksgiving is on Thursday -- so soon enough you're going to be swimming in turkey leftovers. Heather Ferber, of Better Health of Heather, joins Real Milwaukee with a way you can use up those leftovers and freeze them for later.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease a 9.5 x 7.5 glass casserole dish with olive oil spray 3. In a large bowl, mix turkey, marinara sauce and zucchini. Layer the mixture into the bottom of the glass dish.
4. Layer spinach over meat mixture.
5. Mix all the cheeses together. And then layer over the spinach.
6. In a small bowl, mix breadcrumbs, olive oil, fresh basil and parsley as well as oregano, sea salt, garlic powder and pepper to taste.
7. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the cheese layer.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes until heated through. Cover with foil if the top is browning too quickly.
For the freezer:
Prepare as directions indicate in a freezer safe dish. Freeze before baking. When you`re ready to use, thaw overnight in the fridge.