Hidden holiday hazard: The products kids can't resist that could cause a lot of damage

MILWAUKEE -- They're found in singing greeting cards, remotes and more -- and they're incredibly dangerous. Dr. John Cox of Children's Hospital of Wisconsin joins Real Milwaukee to talk about the button batteries and other holiday swallowing hazards.

Examples of products containing button batteries:
• Cards
• Puzzles
• Toys
• Remote controls
• Decorations

Signs/symptoms your child may have swallowed a button battery:
• Coughing/gagging
• Drooling
• Pain/discomfort/anxiousness
• Vomiting and/or vomiting blood
• Abdominal pain
• Chest pain
• Bloating

What to do if you suspect your child has swallowed a button battery:
• Take your child to the ER immediately
• Do not induce vomiting or have your child eat or drink anything until medically assessed
• If your child cannot breathe and his/her lips are blue, call 911

Examples of other common holiday choking hazards:
• Tree ornaments/ tinsel
• Tree needles
• Candy