MILWAUKEE -- It's a simple side full of fall flavors -- and it's a perfect, lighter addition to all the heavier, traditional Thanksgiving dishes. Heather Ferber with Better Health by Heather joins FOX6 WakeUp to help you get your green on come turkey day!
Fall Greens & Pomegranate Salad with Bacon Dressing
Serves 4 (as side salads)
1. Prepare bacon, to be on the crispier side. Set aside to allow to cool.
2. Layer arugula on 4 small plates.
3. Top arugula with pomegranate seeds, cranberries, celery, chives, parsley and walnuts.
4. In a small glass jar, mix apple cider vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Shake well.
5. Crumble bacon into the dressing mix.
6. Spoon dressing equally over layered salads. Serve immediately.
7. Enjoy your Turkey Day knowing you`ve include your leafy greens