"We gonna get through it:" Emotions run high during day two of Sylvester Lewis trial

MILWAUKEE (WITI) -- A Milwaukee father apologizes for letting his emotions get the best of him as he monitors the trial of the man accused of killing his daughter. Tuesday, Onjuan Guyton says he's doing his best to get through the proceedings as he spoke exclusively with FOX6 News.

Sylvester Lewis returns to a Milwaukee County courtroom on Tuesday where he faces three felony charges including reckless homicide in connection with the death of 10-year-old Sierra Guyton.

"I saw an 11-year-old girl face-down, on the playground with a puddle of blood coming from her head," said Milwaukee Police Officer, Kira Williams.

Following testimony from Williams, witness Cory Jenkins takes the stand describing what he experienced on May 21st as he encountered an argument between Lewis and another man near Clark Street School.

"I hit the brakes. I'm like, what the -- you know what I'm saying? Then, about that time that's when I see like, pop pop and I'm, I'm over in the seat now but at the same time it's like I'm trying, like what -- what's going on," said Jenkins.

"I just have to deal with the justice system, and see where it goes from there," said Onjuan Guyton, Sierra's father.

Outside the courtroom, Onjuan says he's trying to remain patient, but was tested on Monday when the defendant gave him a look.

"I just asked him what he was looking at. I used, you know, profanity words, but I was just angry," said Onjuan.

Guyton was escorted out of the courtroom for disrupting the proceedings.

Tuesday, he apologizes, explaining he's been losing sleep over losing his daughter and feels as though Lewis has not shown any remorse for his alleged actions.

"He hasn't took this seriously at all since the beginning, so you know, I just been waiting to see him and once I finally looked at him in his eyes you know, I just lost it but it's okay. We gonna get through it," said Onjuan.

At the beginning of Tuesday's proceedings, the judge issued what's known as a "body attachment" for three witnesses who had failed to show up for the trial.

Lewis faces more than 47 years in prison and up to $150,000 in fines if convicted on all charges.

CLICK HERE for complete coverage of the case involving Sierra Guyton via FOX6Now.com.