Unattended frying pan leads to fire in Racine that killed a resident's cat

RACINE (WITI) -- Racine Fire officials say a resident left a frying pan with cooking oil unattended while watching the news -- and that led to a fire at a home in the 1400 block of College Avenue on March 16th.

It happened shortly after 8:00 p.m.

Fire officials say the fire was contained to the kitchen, bedroom and dining room.

Four cats were in the home at the time of the fire. One died in the fire, one fled the home and two were unharmed.

The residence is currently unlivable.