Transitional Living Services speaks out after woman found dead in West Allis

WEST ALLIS (WITI) -- A man has been taken into custody in connection with the death of a woman found dead in the hallway of a transitional home for people with disabilities in West Allis. That man taken into custody is said to have had mental issues, and may have acted out shortly before the woman's body was found.

Transitional Living Services is the organization from which both the victim and suspect in this case sought resources. The organization works to integrate clients into society, while helping them manage their disabilities. Those who know the suspect in this case say sometimes, that can be tough.

Tom Entringer, who is a resident at the home, says his neighbor was arrested after a 63-year-old woman was found dead in the building hallway. He says that neighbor had a recent outburst -- saying the man's actions were more erratic than his normal behavior.

Meanwhile, staff with Transitional Living Services can't talk about this particular person due to privacy laws. In general though, they say they provide as much support to their clients as possible on a regular basis.

"We can see our clients upwards from 14-20 times a week depending on how they are doing. They are seen for medication monitoring, support, met by their case managers who are licensed clinical social workers," Benjamin Ng said.

Staff members say if they see behavior that raises a red flag, contact is increased.

"Staff will go do crisis intervention, crisis stabilization in general. If necessary, we would fill out crisis plans or an alert that would be sent to psychiatric crisis services. We do have an 24 hour on call line where they have an option if someone needs the support," Ng said.

Ng says clients are provided with extensive outreach services to help them stabilize and integrate in the community, but with mental illness, behavior can always fluctuate.

"Recovery is a process that's constant," Ng said.

The 48-year-old suspect is in jail, but still has not been charged. The District Attorney's Office says the case is waiting to be reviewed.

Autopsy results regarding the cause of death for the woman who was found dead are pending as well.