Spring means the start of rhubarb season! This crumble bar recipe from Delicately Delicious can be tweaked throughout the year!
2 1/2 cup sizes flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks unsalted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 TBSP unsalted butter cut into small squares
1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Line a 13x9" or 10" round pan with parchment and grease the sides of the pan with butter or cooking spray.
3. In the bowl of a mixer gently combine dry ingredients. Add cold butter 1 TBSP at a time and mix until the texture of wet sand. Be sure not to over mix to the texture of a dough.
4. Reserve 3/4 cup and press the remaining mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan.
5. Bake for 14-18 minutes until very lightly browned.
6. To the reserved mixture add brown sugar, oats, butter and nuts (if using). Mix until ingredients start to form small clusters.
7. Spread jam over hot crust. Sprinkle up to 1/2 cup chopped fruit. Top with Crumble.
8. Return to oven to additional 22-25 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.