SENTENCED: Accused of attacking and raping a girl at his home, Ryan Hawk will spend time in prison

RACINE COUNTY (WITI) -- Accused of attacking and raping a girl at his home, 18-year-old Ryan Hawk of Racine has been sentenced in the case against him.

Hawk pleaded guilty to one count of second degree sexual assault/use of force, and one count of false imprisonment.

As a result of the guilty plea, two charges of second degree sexual assault/use of force and one count of strangulation and suffocation were dismissed.

In court on Monday, December 8th, Hawk was sentenced to 10 years in prison and six years of extended supervision on the second degree sexual assault/use of force charge.

He's been ordered to undergo a mental health assessment, register with the state's sex offender registry, consume no alcohol or drugs, have no contact with the victim, write a letter of apology to the victim, and pay court costs as conditions of his extended supervision.

Hawk was sentenced to two years in prison and two years of extended supervison on the strangulation and suffocation charge -- but that sentence was stayed.

Hawk will instead serve four years probation that will begin when his six years of extended supervision are complete.

The criminal complaint against Hawk indicates that around 1 a.m. on January 23rd, the alleged 17-year-old victim in this case showed up at Hawk’s home to watch a movie. The complaint says when the girl arrived, he “grabbed her from behind around her neck and began to squeeze.”

The complaint goes on to say Hawk then brought the teenage girl to the basement of the home. Once there, the complaint says “Hawk placed a cloth in her mouth and duct-taped the cloth onto her mouth and around her face and taped her hands behind her back by duct-taping her wrists together.” The complaint says Hawk then sexually assaulted the girl.

According to the criminal complaint, the victim told police she “was told that if she screamed or tried to make a noise, (Hawk) would kill her.”

Afterwards, the complaint says Hawk “repeatedly asked (the girl) and told her not to say anything about what happened and apologized again repeatedly for what he did.” The victim told police that she told Hawk she “wouldn’t go to the hospital and wouldn’t tell anyone just so she could get out of the house without being harmed or killed.” She apparently told Hawk that if she was asked about the scrapes on her face, she would just say she fell.

Once the victim got to her own home, the complaint indicates she called 911 and told the dispatcher what happened.

Related stories: