Police: Baby ends up in ICU after accidentally consuming vodka; BAC .294

KENOSHA -- Kenosha police say a baby ended up in the ICU on Monday, September 7th after accidentally ingesting vodka.

Police say it happened at a home near 50th Street and 52nd Avenue in Kenosha -- when the 1.5-month-old child's mother had filled a container with water to mix a bottle with.

The baby's father poured out the water, and filled the container with vodka, police say.

The vodka was then used by the mother to make the baby's bottle.

Police say the baby's BAC was .294. The child ended up in the ICU at Children's Hospital as a precaution.

The child's condition is unknown at this time.

The baby's father was arrested for an argument that escalated due to the child drinking the vodka, police say. The father was brought in by police just after 8:00 p.m. Monday.

There are no details regarding any recommended charges for the child's father at this time.