OUCH! Dad comes to rescue after glow stick explodes in boy's hands

(WITI) -- Here's proof that glow sticks and microwaves don’t mix.

A kid learned that lesson the hard way after a warning from his father.  But dad came to his rescue after the glow stick exploded all over they boy’s shirt.

The boy, identified as Jack in the video, was under the impression that glow sticks become brighter if you microwave them.  He stuck the stick in the microwave for 30 seconds. Everything appeared fine when he retrieved it from the microwave.  Then after a quick shake, the glow stick exploded in his hands.

WARNING: Some of the language in the video below is not suitable for all viewers