More troubles for Amanda Bynes - arrested for DUI on Sunday morning outside of Los Angeles

LOS ANGELES (WITI/CNN) -- Amanda Bynes was arrested for DUI on Sunday morning, September 28th outside of Los Angeles.

28-year-old Bynes was stopped on suspicion of driving under the influence of a controlled substance. She was charged with a misdemeanor and held on a $15,000 bail.

Bynes was released later Sunday.

Sunday's arrest is just the latest in Bynes' legal troubles.

In 2012, Bynes was arrested and charged with driving under the influence (DUI) after side-swiping a police car in West Hollywood.

In September of 2012, Bynes was charged for two alleged hit and run incidents, one occurring in April and the other in August. The hit and run charges were dismissed in December 2012 following a financial settlement between Bynes and the victims.

In February of 2014, the DUI charge was dropped and Bynes was sentenced to three years of probation for reckless driving as part of a plea deal.

Bynes' driver's license was suspended sometime before September of 2012. That same month, she was cited for driving with a suspended license and her car was impounded.

In May of 2013, Bynes pleaded no contest to the charge and was sentenced to three years probation. Her license was restored by April 2014.

In May of 2013, Bynes was arrested at her home in Manhattan for criminal possession of marijuana, attempted tampering with evidence, and reckless endangerment. According to a prosecutor at Bynes' arraignment, police observed Bynes throwing a bong from the window of her 36th floor apartment. Bynes claimed that the alleged bong was actually a vase.

Following her arrest, Bynes underwent a psychiatric evaluation at a hospital before she was processed at the police station.

Later that month, Bynes said on Twitter she had been sexually harassed by the arresting officer.The police department has denied the accusation. The case against Bynes was dismissed in June 2014.

In July of 2013, Ventura County sheriff's deputies detained Bynes in front of a stranger's house in Thousand Oaks, California, where she had allegedly started a small fire in the driveway, and had her hospitalized under a 72-hour 5150 mental health evaluation hold.

Bynes' parents filed for conservatorship of their daughter shortly after her hospitalization began.

On August 9, Bynes' mother was granted a temporary conservatorship over Bynes' affairs, including her medical care, as well as control over her finances, after the judge agreed that Bynes had a "lack of capacity to give informed consent to medical care."

On September 24, Bynes' lawyer asked for a "1368 Penal Code" hearing to determine Bynes' mental competency. Six days later, Bynes' parents said that upon doctors' recommendation, Bynes was transferred from UCLA Medical Center to receive "specialized treatment in a private facility outside of Los Angeles."

In December 2013, Bynes was released from treatment to her parents. She also agreed to seek counseling for the New York marijuana incident.

TMZ reports in the latest incident, law enforcement sources say Bynes was under the influence of an undetermined stimulant. Toxicology tests are being performed.

TMZ says an incident report says Bynes had a "disheveled" appearance.

TMZ says Bynes' parents' conservatorship ended earlier this month, and since then, Bynes has moved out of her parents home and is living in an Orange County apartment.

TMZ reports since the conservatorship ended, "things started going haywire" for Bynes once again.

Bynes was on probation when she was pulled over on Sunday, September 28th.

CLICK HERE for continuing coverage of this developing story via