Kitchen fire causes significant damage to condo near 72nd and Brown Deer

MILWAUKEE (WITI) -- Milwaukee Fire officials say an accidental cooking fire caused significant damage to a condo in the Whispering Hills complex near N. 72nd and Brown Deer Road.

We're told the fire started in the kitchen on the condo's first floor.

The owner of the condo was the only person home at the time of the fire, and managed to safely evacuate.

The fire caused significant damage to the condo -- estimated at $100,000 to the structure and $70,000 to its contents.

Fire officials say one firefighter suffered a minor injury -- as he developed blisters while fighting the fire.

No other condos were damaged by the fire.

The fire was called in around 5:30 p.m.

The American Red Cross is assisting the condo's owner.