Kansasville house fire, lightning strike suspected as cause

Kansasville fire near Cox and Church (Courtesy: KFD)

A Racine County family is displaced, without a home due to a fire Tuesday morning.

It happened just before 4 a.m. near Cox and Church. Kansasville Fire & Rescue said there was smoke in the home and they could hear cracking sounds.

The fire is believed to have been sparked after a lighting strike. It caused extensive damage as the fire spread along the chimney and all the way to the finished basement of the home.

SIGN UP TODAY: Get daily headlines, breaking news emails from FOX6 News

One firefighter was sent to a hospital for evaluation and treatment due to apparent heat exhaustion.

The two residents safely evacuated the home, along with their pet.

Multiple departments were at the scene until 7:30 am.