Fond du Lac mobile home fire, electrical issue to blame: officials

Fond du Lac Fire and Rescue (WLUK)

Fond du Lac Fire Rescue said an electrical issue sparked mobile home fire Friday night, June 30.

Crews were called to the mobile home near Van Dyne and Scott around 9 p.m. Firefighters found smoke inside the home and isolated it to an area near an outlet.

A news release said crews worked quickly to extinguish the fire. Smoke was ventilated, and fire damage was limited to a small section of wall and electrical wiring. 

SIGN UP TODAY: Get daily headlines, breaking news emails from FOX6 News

Officials said one person and two pets were able to escape safely. No injuries were reported.

Fond du Lac Fire Rescue determined the fire originated within a stud space of an exterior wall caused by faulty wiring and an overloaded outlet.