Firefighters battle garage fire in Mukwonago

MUKWONAGO -- Mukwonago firefighters are dousing the hot spots after snuffing out a garage fire in Mukwonago Monday.

The fire started in one of the garages of a two-story garage building detached from a home on Lake Street. Apparently there were some propane and compressed air tanks in the garage -- which would explain small explosions reported by neighbors. The garage was destroyed.

Some burning embers from the garage fire blew about three lots down -- and started another fire on a garage. That fire was contained.

Firefighters are searching for an exact cause to the fire. There is no damage estimate at this time.

FOX6 News learned the people who lived in the home got out safely.

Monitor FOX6 News and for updates on this developing story.