Fire crews deal with carbon monoxide incident at Shorewood apartment building

SHOREWOOD -- North Shore Fire & Rescue crews were dispatched to an apartment building near the intersection of Oakland and Kensington in Shorewood on Thursday afternoon, September 22nd.

Officials say when they arrived on the scene, they found a haze in the building. The fire crews determined it was exhaust from carpet cleaning equipment -- and carbon monoxide (CO).

The firefighters ventilated the building.

Two firefighters were checked out because of their exposure to the CO.