Construction is picking up! Sean Race with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation joins FOX6 WakeUp to talk about everything that's going to impact your commute.
· I-41 North and South are now open to 3 lanes in each direction, from Watertown Plank Road to Capitol Drive
· Several overnight freeway closures of I-41 North and I-41 South will take place over the next few weeks for girder setting on the temporary railroad bridge and Meinecke Avenue bridge
· Once the temporary railroad bridge is complete, train traffic will be switched over to it while the existing bridge is removed and reconstructed to allow for the freeway widening
· The demolition of the original railroad bridge will necessitate a 54-Hour full freeway closure later this fall
I-43 North-South Reconstruction: This is preparatory work for the upcoming 14-mile, I-43 North-South reconstruction project, between Silver Spring Drive and WIS 60, in Milwaukee and Ozaukee counties.
· Closures to begin Monday night, August 23
· County Line Road entrance ramp to I-43 South to close long-term through mid-2023
· I-43 North exit ramp to Port Washington Road to close long-term through mid-2023
· I-43 North, between just north of Highland Road to WIS 60, is scheduled to be reduced to one lane overnight, and off-peak daytime hours for shoulder reconstruction and temporary widening
· I-43 North and I-43 South, between just south of County Line Road and just north of Donges Bay Road, is scheduled to be reduced to one lane overnight for shoulder reconstruction and temporary widening
· Kilbourn Ave entrance ramp to I-43 North and I-43 North exit ramp to Kilbourn expected to reopen early September