We're always searching for a fresh spin on chicken. Chef Feker offers a tasty option with rigatoni. Check it out.
• 1 lb Rigatoni pasta
• 1 lb Free Range Chicken breast diced
• 2 onions diced
• 2 carrots diced
• 1 eggplant diced
• 1 small butternut squash peeled and diced
• 3 sprigs basil cut in thin strips
• 2 Sprigs oregano leaves chopped
• 1 Cup White wine
• ½ Cup roasted garlic
• 2 cloves garlic chopped
• 1 bunch Italian parsley chopped
• 1 pinch chili flakes
• 1 Tbsp butter
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• 2 Cups tomato sauce (homemade preferred)
1. In a large pan, over high heat, sauté the chicken until lightly browned. Using a slotted spoon remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan, add the olive oil and sauté the onion, eggplant, butternut squash and carrot for three minutes.
3. Lower the heat to medium and add the garlic and chili flakes.
4. Cook until the garlic is fragrant.
5. Deglaze the pan with white wine and then reduce the wine by half.
6. Add the tomato sauce, the basil, oregano, and parsley.
7. Return the chicken to the sauce and cook over low heat until the chicken is done.
8. Meanwhile, cook the rigatoni to al dente doneness. Toss the Rigatoni with the finished sauce, Parmesan and extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and white pepper.