Charged: Frank Jude Jr. accused of resisting officers who showed up at his home to arrest him

MILWAUKEE COUNTY -- New charges have been filed against Frank Jude Jr. -- -- the man who was beaten by off-duty Milwaukee police officers on October 24th, 2004.

Jude has been charged with resisting/obstructing an officer in connection with an incident that occurred last Friday, June 5th in Wauwatosa.

A criminal complaint filed in this case indicates police went out to Jude's home on N. 121st Street in Wauwatosa to execute a felony supervision violation warrant on him.

Police say Jude answered the door at his home, and he was advised he was under arrest. That's when police say Jude "immediately" began to move back into his home -- after stepping outside to talk with officers.

Two officers each grabbed one of Jude's arms to prevent him from leaving -- and he was repeatedly ordered to place his hands behind his back, according to the complaint.

Police say Jude resisted the officers' attempts to take him into custody. He's accused of pushing one of the officers, and a Taser had to be deployed on Jude. As officers then approached Jude to take him into custody, he's accused of taking off -- running north through yards in the area.

An officer gave chase -- repeatedly ordering Jude to stop, but Jude refused, according to the complaint.

Additional Taser deployments had to be used on June.

Eventually, an officer had to use pepper spray -- sprayed in Jude's face and two additional supporting officers in order to gain physical control of Jude, according to the complaint.

In 2013, Jude pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor counts of violating a domestic abuse injunction, and he was ordered to serve probation.

Frank Jude was brutally beaten outside a party in Bay View during the early morning hours of October 24th, 2004.

Following a state trial that ended with the jury acquitting the three police officers charged, a federal investigation led to plea agreements with three police officers and the indictment of five police officers, including the three who were acquitted in state court. Before trial, one of these five pleaded guilty. The federal jury acquitted one of the remaining police officers and the three police officers who were acquitted in state court were convicted in federal court.

The case was the biggest against the Milwaukee Police Department in 25 years.

Jude was eventually awarded $2 million in a civil rights suit.

Frank Jude, Jr.