Try serving something special on New Year's Eve. Check out Chef Feker's Seafood Celebration.
Yield 4 main-dish or 8 first-course servings
Total Time 35 min
• 1/2 cup wine
• 1 lb Medium size shrimp deveined
• 1/3 lb of bay scallops cleaned (dry pack preferred)
• 1/3 cup clam juice
• 1/3 lb lobster
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 3/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 2 tablespoon of fresh basil shredded thin
• 1 cup/8 oz raw, sliced mushrooms
• 1 lb linguine (gluten free)
• 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
• 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
• More extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
1. Heat oil in a 5- to 6-quart heavy pot over medium heat until moderately hot, then sweat onion, stirring, until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, parsley, Basil and oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in wine and clam juice and boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 6 minutes.
2. Cook Chef Feker’s fresh pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling well-salted water until al dente, then drain in a colander.
3. While pasta is cooking, reduce sauce by 1/3 uncovered for about another 6 minutes then add scallops, lobster and shrimp into sauce and simmer on medium heat for another 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add pasta to sauce, fold gently until combined well. Stir in butter until melted.
1) While using clam juice be careful not to over salt your sauce.
2) Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over pasta once served and remember that Parmesan or any hard cheese will destroy the delicate taste of your seafood.