MILWAUKEE -- As the weather warms up, why not cool off with a refreshing salad. Megan Camargo from The Cheesecake Factory joins FOX6 WakeUp to make their new super antioxidant salad.
Super Antioxidant Salad Ingredients:
• 3 oz. Kale, washed and sliced thin
• 2 oz. Blueberries
• 1 fz. Lemon Dressing (see recipe below)*
• 2 oz. Butter Lettuce, inner portions
• 2 oz. Baby Lettuce Mix
• 2 oz. Baby Spinach, whole leaf, cleaned
• 2 oz. Broccoli, blanched or roasted
• 2 oz. Pears, fresh or grilled, cut, 1/2' to 3/4' pieces
• 1 oz. Red Onion, sliced thin, soaked, cut into 1' pieces
• 1 oz. Arugula
• 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
• 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper, ground
• 3 fz. French Mustard Vinaigrette*
• 1/2 ea. Avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2' pieces
• 2 oz. Red Seedless Grapes, cut in half
• 1 oz. Almonds, slivered, toasted
• 1Tbl. Sunflower Seeds, toasted
1. Place the sliced kale and blueberries into a mixing bowl.
2. Ladle the lemon dressing into the bowl, aggressively massage and mix the ingredients together. Make sure that all of the blueberries are smashed.
3. Add the butter lettuce leaves, baby lettuce mix, spinach, broccoli, roasted pears, red onions and arugula into the bowl.
4. Season the salad with salt and pepper. Ladle the French mustard vinaigrette into the bowl and gently toss all of the ingredients together.
5. Place equal amounts of the salad mixture into chilled serving bowls.
6. Sprinkle equal amounts of the avocado, grapes, almonds and sunflower seeds over each salad.
7. Bon Appetit!
Serves 2 individual salads
* Your favorite vinaigrette recipe may be used for this salad.
1. Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl, stirring to incorporate.
2. Keep refrigerated until needed.