MILWAUKEE -- Do you have plans to travel this winter? Bed bugs are on the move too and could end up where you're staying. Rick Schoening with Wil-Kil Pest Control joins FOX6 WakeUp to tell us what to look our for before you unpack your bags.
Bed Bug prevention methods at hotels include:
- Thoroughly inspect the entire room before unpacking by checking behind the headboard, next to the baseboard and behind the night stand
- Use a flashlight when looking for bed bugs for the best visibility
- Check the mattress and box spring seams for signs of bed bugs
- Set luggage away from walls and the bed
- Do not pile clothes or shoes next to or on the bed
- Notify the property management if you see anything suspicious