Milwaukee Burger King fire likely caused by discarded cigarette

MILWAUKEE -- The Milwaukee Fire Department has confirmed the cause of the fire at the Burger King restaurant near 85th and Brown Deer on May 20th, is officially undetermined -- but officials say it is strongly suggested a discarded cigarette is to blame.

Officials responded to the restaurant around 2:45 p.m., on May 20th for a report of a fire that started in the back of the restaurant.


On Friday, June 24th authorities determined the fire caused $463,000 in damage to the restaurant -- this is the actual replacement value of the building. The fire also caused $218,000 in damage to the contents of the restaurant.

The fire department believes this was an accidental fire, as there is nothing to indicate it was intentionally set.

No other details have been released.